Production Manager, Marketing and Communications - McLean, VA
WHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering a more accountable and trustworthy marketplace. As the foremost thought leader on industry self-regulation, we are shaping the way that businesses and consumers interact with one another. We are the home to more than a dozen self-regulation programs that set high standards for businesses and provide third-party accountability and dispute resolution services that help ensure a fair marketplace for consumers. BBB National Programs has worked with industry leaders and government regulatory agencies since 1971 to establish the standards that guide best practices in advertising, privacy, children’s and teen’s marketing, consumer warranty issues, and dispute resolution.
ABOUT THE MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Department at BBB National Programs plays a vital role in supporting the organization’s operations and mission. MarCom is an agile, agency-like team responsible for the cohesive communication and promotion to external audiences of BBB National Programs and its more than a dozen self-regulatory, accountability, and dispute resolution programs.
Based in our Northern Virginia headquarters offices, the Production Manager, Marketing and Communications, will serve on the Marketing and Communications team as the primary party responsible for the effective and efficient management of marketing and communications projects (including print, digital, video, web, and other branded collateral). Reporting to the Director of Projects, Content, and Creative Services, the Production Manager, Marketing and Communications will work with members of the Marketing and Communications team, internal clients, and external vendors to manage project plans and timelines, coordinate production resources, maintain the organization of project assets, and ensure effective communication across project teams and internal clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Manage the coordination of roughly 50-100 projects at a given time, including website development and content creation projects, graphic design, video and other creative projects, environmental graphics and design, event marketing plans, communications initiatives, and more
- Update or develop new project platforms and processes to streamline and ensure effectiveness project management
- Oversee production queue through Microsoft Teams and ZohoDesk, including new project intake and project closeout, keeping project details and statuses updated, and communicating with internal clients
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal clients by having a full understanding of what services the Marketing and Communications team can offer, maintaining a positive attitude, focusing on the internal client’s needs, and providing timely and clearly communicated responses to project inquiries
- Schedule project kickoff meetings and record pertinent project details (re: creative requirements)
- Maintain the organization of digital project assets (source files, outputs, project plans, etc.) using SharePoint and established file naming convention
- Draft high-level project plans and maintain project documentation
- Develop and maintain relationships with constellation of 10-20 current external vendors—including but not limited to printers, writers, graphic designers, video editors, specialty item sales associates, environmental graphics and installations professionals, and web developers—as well as research and support onboarding new vendors (collect and compare proposals for review) as needed
- Keep updated record of external vendor and platform information, including contract dates, what they are used for, rough pricing, contact information, and other pertinent details as appropriate
- Manage project timelines, including performing regular status checks with project teams, external vendors, and internal clients to ensure delivery of project milestones
- Track project performance of roughly 50-100 projects at a given time to understand and record changes to deliverables, timelines, etc.
- Manage inventory of print collateral (stationary, envelopes, business cards, branded giveaways, etc.), including keeping track of quantity in stock, researching new products, and handling orders (determining and comparing pricing, securing proof approvals, and coordinating order delivery with vendor and internal stakeholders)
- Perform quality control checks of project deliverables, including reviewing deliverables for adherence to brand consistency (use of brand colors, fonts, style as outlined in Brand Guide) and editorial style (as outlined in Editorial Guide)—noting required edits or flagging issues during reviews and making suggestions when appropriate
What you will bring
- Two-three years’ experience in project management
- Three-five years’ experience in marketing, communications, design/creative, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, marketing, communications, design, or related field
- Basic understanding of creative production and web development processes
- Experience with project management platforms such as Trello, Microsoft Teams, Basecamp, etc.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong decision-making intuition
- Creative problem-solving mindset and ability to get around “roadblocks”
- Collaborative work style, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record of success while working under tight timelines and high pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Office 365) products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Let us know if you have:
- Experience with Adobe creative products
WHAT WE OFFER:
At BBB National Programs, we bring a growth mindset as we advance our mission and strive to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace. Cultivating a team of talented and engaged professionals who seek out new challenges and opportunities catalyze our progress. We are an inclusive organization, bringing a dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work we do.
Health & Welfare Benefits: You will be offered a comprehensive plan offering health, dental and vision plans. paid short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Financial Well-Being: Build your retirement savings with our 401k plan matching up to 5% of your contributions.
Time Off: You will have flexibility for the time you need off from work. We offer a variety of plans including vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Wellness: We promote physical and mental wellness by providing a fully equipped on-site fitness center in our offices and an employee assistance program.
Due to safety concerns resulting from the pandemic, we have shifted to a remote work model. In the future, however, this position will require flexibility to travel as required for conferences and other events.
BBB National Programs is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.
Apply for this position
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
BBB National Programs is a nonprofit organization where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust, and consumers are heard. BBB National Programs is where companies, industry experts, and trade associations work together within a self-regulatory environment to address issues of national and global importance, and to foster industry best practices in truth-in-advertising, child-directed marketing, data privacy, and dispute resolution.
At BBB National Programs, we understand that cultivating a great team is critical to advancing our mission to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace. Our staff is made up of talented, diverse, and highly-motivated professionals who continually seek out new challenges and opportunities to catalyze progress. Our workplace is an inclusive and dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work that they do.
BBB National Programs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.